If you haven’t heard already American Vogue has joined with NYC & Company, the City of New York, and the Council of Fashion Designers of America to help boost the economy and encourage consumers to shop with Fashion Night Out! Thursday, September 10 will be huge in the NY area with major retailers staying open late and providing surprises and extra special in store events. DC is also having their own Fashion Night Out on U Street Corridor!
Caramel (1603 U St. N.W.)
DEKKA (1338 U St. N.W.)
Junction (1510 U St. N.W.)
Lettie Gooch (1517 U St. N.W.)
Muleh (1831 14th St. N.W.)
Palace 5 (2216 14th St. N.W.)
Redeem (1734 14th St> N.W.)
Rue 14 (1830a 14th St. N.W.)
Stem (1410 U St. N.W.)
Treasury (1843 14th St N.W.)
Two of my favorite high end accessories brands in NYC are doing special events too!
- Both New York stores- Madison Avenue at 64th Street and 51st Street at Fifth Avenue will remain open for late night shopping until 11pm with champagne and refreshments. Both stores will be selling ‘Fashion’s Night Out’ T-Shirt in support of the ‘National September 11th Memorial & Museum at the World Trade Center’, with 40 percent of the proceeds directly benefiting the charity.
- At Madison Avenue, the Autumn/Winter 2009 collection will come to life on model Angela Lindvall in a live photo shoot, styled by Tamara Mellon, Founder and President of Jimmy Choo, and shot by photographer Sean Thomas.
- At Madison Avenue, Tamara and Vogue editors Elissa Santisi, Contributing Editor, and Filipa Fino, Senior Accessories Editor, will be on hand for personal styling consultation, advising clients how to incorporate some of the top seasonal accessory trends into their Fall wardrobes.
- Pimp your bag at Hayden-Harnett! Inflicting Ink Travelling Tattoo will be inking HH bags at the Greenpoint design:shop from 6pm – 11pm. Buy a bag, wallet, or cuff and have it inked for free! Bring in your favorite HH bag and have it inked for $75 (small bags) and $150 (large).
- 20% off EVERYTHING in the store!
- An extra 10% off if you bring a gently used item.
- 20% of the proceeds will be donated to the Robin Hood Foundation, targeting poverty in NYC.
For a complete list of everyone who is participating in Fashion Night Out please go to their website for more information.