Links à la Stocking Stuffers
Edited by Fashion Pulse Daily
This week, as I’ve been getting geared up for the holiday season’s shopping ( both loving and dreading it) via Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I couldn’t help but compare the posts to stocking stuffers. Why? Because it felt like a nice, sentimental hodge podge of little items that although different, still fit together into the the bigger equation, hence my new phrase, “Links a la Stocking Stuffers!” Although I jest, I love the variety of posts this week, from how to style and what to wear including Retro Chick‘s guide to ’40s hair for holiday parties, CoolMamaStyle.com’s tuxedo jacket, The Coveted‘s adventures in Century 21 and What to Wear‘s Art Basel fashionable looks, to Prom Mafia‘s run in with Black Friday and SwaySwaySway‘s blissful tactics to keep your computer off on Cyber Monday.
As expected, there was a fabulous round-up of links in the forum as well, all worthy of your eyeballs!
Links à la Mode : December 3rd
- 39th and Broadway – How zoning may save the fashion industry
- Bonne Vie – talking about Knockoffs and why making accessible fashion isn’t a bad thing
- Confessions of a Fashion Editor – Interview with Katie Mackay of What Katie Wore, as she reaches the end of her year-longstyle challenge, to wear something different every day!
- CoolMamaStyle.com – Binge or Bargain: Black Tuxedo Jacket
- Fashion Pulse Daily – Saks Fifth Avenue & Windows 7; an unlikely pairing for the holidays!
- Fashion XK8 – Explores Fashion through local anthropology
- Girl Friday – Mad About the Tote
- Little Miss Makeup: Smoky Eyeshadow: A Timeless Makeup Trend
- Oranges and Apples – Fashioning the Future: my favourites from the 2009 sustainable fashion awards
- Painfully Hip – Edie Sedgwick takes San Francisco (she was born a California Girl, after all)!
- Prom Mafia – Surviving Old Navy’s Black Friday Sales
- Rags to Reverie – How Essie got me to embrace nail color once again
- Retro Chick – A Step by Step Guide to Easy 40s Style Party Hair
- Style Symmetry – Blog to Watch ~ My Mom, The Style Icon
- SwaySwaySway -A short and humorous guide to beating those seductive Cyber Monday urges
- [the 3st] – Interview with Hungarian Designer Dora Mojzes, recently featured at the Marie Claire Fashion Show,
- The Art of Accessories – helps you find a gift for everyone on your list with the 2009 Winter Gift Guide
- The Coveted – Finds designers at an old favorite discount department store, Century 21
- The Door in My Wardrobe – A lengthy post about fabric weaves and fibers, helpful for vintage hunter
- The Working Wardrobe – Check out these eco-friendly ties that work with your outfit and your office dress code.
- What to Wear -Art Basel Miami Beach–the most important art show in the United States