KBJ has fickle skin. It doesn’t like things that are too heavy or too fragrant, it’s almost like Goldilocks and the three bears. He has to get the product that is just right. I on the other hand have a fickle nose. If his body wash or cologne is too heavy I get nauseated. So when Dove Men+Care came out we were both curious, would it deliver what he needed skin care wise? Would it be too heavy and fragrant for me?
The verdict…it’s kind of fabulous.
What KBJ said he likes about it:
- It has just the right amount of moisturizer. It has the perfect balance. Other products make me feel too dry or too oily.
- The smell is clean and that’s all you really want. Other body washes try to be too masculine and it’s just the right scent.
- I appreciate that it’s a good face and body wash. When I was younger I used Dove facial soap so it’s nice to be able to cleanse my entire body with one product, it’s very convenient.
Why I like it:
- He smells clean. I hate the overpowering body washes that make all the towels and bathroom smell like cologne.
- It’s clean. KBJ has bought body washes that actually stain the towels and no one wants to deal with that.
So far he’s tried Clean Comfort and Deep Clean (that one has a bit of exfoliation in it). He’s not big on exfoliation because he always feels like he has to do an extra rinse but has told me repeatedly to keep buying him Dove Men+Care when I go to the store. There is a third formula, Extra Fresh, and it also comes in bar soap as well. Right now it’s even on sale at Walgreens, 2 for $7 so I will definitely go grab 2 more bottles to add to the shelf.
Dove has always delivered great skin care for women (I’m currently in love with the Dove Go Fresh in Pomegranate and Verbena and their new moisture system – we’ll talk about that later) so I’m happy that they’ve added a men’s line to fill a void in the market. If you have a man in your life, point him in the direction of Dove Men+Care and they will not be disappointed.