Are you a flag football wife? Occasionally on the weekends I watch my husband’s flag football team play and not many wives and girlfriends come out despite how much I know the guys want the support. It’s cute to see how happy they are when they see you on the sideline, so this post is about my outfit for last Saturday’s game.
Since I knew after the game he was going to get cleaned up and we were meeting a friend for lunch, I had to figure out an outfit that was casual, comfortable and cute enough for lunch and not too cute for the football field. I also had to wear sneakers because I would be walking in a field. I liked the outfit and was told I looked like the team owner, so I thought I’d show you how I’m accessorized.
- Jeans: They’re a pair of GAP boyfriend jeans I’ve had for a few years. Even though I’ve lost weight I still like how they’re a bit full in the leg and casual. Unfortunately they don’t carry these jeans anymore so I couldn’t get a smaller size if I wanted to but I’d wear these Curvy Fit as an alternative.
- Cardigan: Another one of my beloved crew neck August Silk cardigans. I’ve told you that cardigans make my world go round and I own several colors of this same style. I love this golden yellow/orange shade.
- Tee: Mossimo Short Sleeve Tee in Olive from Target. I also buy these whenever they’re on sale in multiple colors and multiples of black and white because they’re perfect under my cardigans.
- Sneakers: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Ox in Charcoal are a perfect neutral classic sneaker that will go with just about anything.
- Scarf: This is a giraffe print scarf I picked up last year at Marshall’s for $7 I think. I love that the color goes from light to dark within the party. It was chilly that morning and I needed another layer to keep me warm.
- Bag: LeSportsac Field Trip Duffle in Splash part of their previous Artist in Residence series. This print is only available online through Zappos and I found mine at a Marshall’s a while ago but the new print in the same shape is available at LeSportsac. I love this bag because it holds so much. I had my big camera in it with everything else I needed that day and it easily fit on my shoulder.
- Hat: Plaid Pub Cap by New York Hat Company, I picked it up in Philadelphia the other weekend because I love a men’s cap. I like pairing the masculine with softer things.
- What You Can’t See: I’m wearing a green amber pendant and bracelet, but I think the scarf bag and hat speak volumes.
This is how I do a casual Saturday, what about you? Anything you would’ve done a bit differently?