I haven’t done a Friend Friday in a while, so I thought I’d hop back on the bandwagon this week. If you’re a blogger who’s interesting in joining OR you want to see how other folks answer the questions, hop on over to Modly Chic to find out how to participate. Now on to the questions.
1. How do you define jealousy?
When someone is envious of something you have/own/possess/can do…
2. When do you find you experience a bit of blogger jealousy?
I’ve never really experienced it. I highly doubt folks are envious of me and The Art of Accessories and I’ve never been jealous of what another blogger has done. When I see cool experiences or opportunities that others have I just think that good things will come to me in the future if I keep doing what I’m doing.
3. What types of blogs or which bloggers are you a little jealous of?
Again, I’m not really jealous of others. Everyone has their own experiences and opportunities that are meant to happen to them and at that time. I love it when I see a blogger (especially one I know) move up to the next level or take a big leap. It’s cool to see where blogging is going or where it can go.
4. From the time we’re little we are taught that jealousy is a bad thing, but it can also inspire us to be better. Have you changed the way you do things, the content of your blog, etc… as a result of what someone else is doing?
I’ve always looked at other blogs for inspiration in regards to design and style of my blog. I want to look sleeker and more sophisticated and so when I see a blog I like I look at investing into my design. I’ve definitely pushed myself more in regards to design and style and I hope to keep progressing in terms of my photography as well.
5. What is the best way to overcome jealousy in the blogosphere and in life?
Be content with who you are and if you aren’t, work towards becoming what you aspire to be. Easy as that.