This week’s Friend Friday blogger topic is privacy (in my head I am saying that with a British accent). When I started this blog 2 years and some change ago I just talked about products, about a year into it I started to show a picture or two of myself. And then finally I gave in and talked and showed my style more. That seems to be what you guys want, but there is always a balance. What do I share? What do I keep to myself? It’s an interesting balance that you may not be aware of…
1. Do you think privacy is something we should worry about as bloggers?
Yes. I don’t put all my business out there on the internet. I need to keep some things private and somethings to myself BUT there are some of you that comment and email me frequently and I think of you as my friends. It’s a small community and I want to know about your new shoes and how you’re styling them just as much as you come here to see mine. So there’s a balance.
2. Do you use your real name or a pen name? What was behind that decision?
I use my initials. I’m not saying that you can’t find out who I am BUT I prefer to be DWJ when I’m being talked about in the blogosphere. I also like to think of myself as a super hero. By day I’m Dana, mild mannered working woman. By night I’m DWJ, accessories and beauty blogger (way cooler than my day job).
3. How much personal information do you reveal about your life beyond the blog?
I’ve shared some. Folks know I’m married to a great man, I have 2 sisters I love dearly and parents who are pretty awesome too. It’s hard to not share some parts of your life that you love so much. I can’t help but let a little bit slip.
4. What will you never reveal?
If I told you, I’d be revealing it! You can’t fool me with your questions…
5. As bloggers, we have to an extent made ourselves ‘public’ figures. But still there are things that are intimate to each of us that does not need to be known by anyone that stumbles across our blog. How do you determine what is appropriate for public consumption and what is private to you?
It’s all about what I’m comfortable with. I share some, I keep a bit to myself. I never know what I’ll say until I sit down and start to write a post.
If you’re a blogger who is interested in participating in Friend Friday, please go to Modly Chic for more details.