Friday was apple picking day, YAY! I had fun but my husband seemed to have a ball! It was great to have time with him without phones and email or work creeping into his brain for a few hours. When I got dressed that day and he walked into our room the first thing he said was, “you do know that no one else on the farm will be dressed like you, right?” HA! Well, I only know how to dress like me and I thought I was very apple chic. Here’s the logic I used to pick my outfit:
- I need to be comfortable, so it was either going to be jeans or cargos, I went with skinny cargos.
- I needed a sweater. It was a gorgeous day but the air was a bit crisp.
- I needed to wear shoes that I could clean easily and wouldn’t mind if they got a bit muddy or dusty, so I chose my leather boots that I knew could easily be cleaned.
The things that made it DWJ were the extras I added:
- This sweater is long and drapey and I wanted to add a bit more shape to it so I belted it…with a cheetah print skinny belt. Why not? My outfit was pretty neutral with my shades of olive green, I needed a pop of something.
- An apple pendant. I actually own 2, a green one and this clear one and I went with the clear one so it wasn’t so blatantly obvious that I was going with a bit of an apple theme.
- A fun shoulder bag. I needed something I could put on my shoulder and not worry about, plus it needed to be big enough to hold my camera, so the LeSporstac won (don’t my LeSporstacs always win?).
I wish I had socks in a red shade so they would add a bit more color peeking out of my boots but you can’t win them all. All in all, I thought I was super cute and my husband did too. So what do you think of my apple picking ensemble? And how was your weekend?
And if you want to see what I made with my first batch of apples, go to Crumbs & Creativity to check out my apple upside-down cake!
What I’m Wearing: White tunic, Express from TJ Maxx | Sweater, Gap (similar seen here) | Skinny Cargos, Old Navy | Socks, courtesy of Chinese Laundry Legwear | Boots, Nine West | Apple Pendant, Kenneth Jay Lane | Cheetah skinny belt, NY & Co | Daphne Shoulder Bag, Courtesy of LeSportsac