I have to say that over the last 24 hours I was really overwhelmed with the great emails, comments, tweets and phone calls I got about the Gifts & Glamour Guide. One overwhelming comment that I got was that it was beautiful and I think it’s because there was such a wide range of beautiful women featured. I’ve talked a lot on the blog about how I love the person that I am and the woman I become every day but I also hope that everyone grows up with that same self love and self worth.
When people started asking me questions and giving me suggestions on things to feature in the guide, the first thing I thought was that it had to be real women and there needed to be a great range. Every shape, color, size…and fortunately I have a very diverse group of friends. The only thing I missed was pregnancy style and all of my pregnant friends were a bit camera shy.
I did want to answer a few questions that were asked here as well.
- Yes, I took all of the pictures. Below is the slideshow of a lot of the photos (believe me there are hundreds more). I posted them to Flickr but kept them private for a while so as not to spoil the surprise.
- None of the ladies knew what to expect. I really just asked folks if they wanted to play dress up and take pictures. 18 of them said yes and literally went on blind faith trusting that I would do something good with their pictures. So far, everyone who was featured that I talked to has loved the Guide. YAY!
- Yes, I laid the publication out myself. I used Photoshop Express and InDesign. I actually sketch out every page in a huge sketchbook before I lay it out just to determine what will go where and how the general design and layout will go. I miss publication design and this is kind of like my pet project where I have total control and freedom. I like control. LOL
- Those were everyone’s clothes. Some of them did wear a few of my accessories and I supplied a lot of makeup, but I asked all my friends to bring what they would wear for an LBD and for a party look. They came very prepared and with lots of options. We played dress up.
- I don’t have any behind the scenes photos. Really, it was just me, my camera and a lot of wonderful weather. Nikkia from Silver Lips Beauty did do the makeup on the last day to help me save some time.
- I didn’t need to include myself. I took 2 sets of pictures of myself (like normal) to use in the guide. 1 outfit I hated and deleted all evidence and the other outfit you see on the welcome page with my note. I had 18 women participate so I really didn’t think it was necessary to even feature myself. Besides, I feature myself here all the time!
- I do this because I really like it. I know it took me a month and a lot of time, but this blog and this project brings me a lot of joy. I don’t make money off it but I do help a lot of people find special gifts or get excited about giving this holiday season.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask away in the comments section!