On my trip I took hundreds of pictures (seriously, I have 350 on my computer) and I was in 25 of them. I had intentions of doing outfit of the day photos…and that just never happened. Sorry! That’s what happens when you stay behind the camera and rarely step out in front of it, but I got a lot of great images. I captured a lot of laughter. My favorite photo?
This is my family sitting on a bridge in Muir Woods and they’re all laughing and smiling. Someone walked by and asked if I wanted to hop in the picture and I said, “no, I don’t really like them that much,” which is why my sister is laughing so hard. I was only joking, I clearly love them a lot. They teased me a lot on this trip (which is normal) and started calling me Dana Leibovitz but I take that as a compliment, considering how wonderful Annie Leibovitz’s work is.
This trip was really a celebration. We were celebrating life and that our family is still all here after the crazy year that 2010 was. And I think all of that laughter and fun helped to heal some of the wear and tear last year put on us all. It was just what the doctor ordered. A few of my favorite things were:
- Ice cream sundaes at Ghiradelli Square
- Finding a way to shop even in the forest at Muir Woods (we all bought something in the gift shop because we are all shopaholics)
- Whale watching, despite getting so sick
- Buying jewelry from Cheryl, our favorite street vendor in Union Square
- Visiting the Bare Escentuals office and having lunch with my favorite PR person, Nada
- Eating pancakes at Stacks Restaurant
- Asking a man with a white beard riding a bike for directions, and it turns out it was Robin Williams!
- Getting a Timbuk 2 cargo tote for $32 – SCORE!
- Spending time with my family
I also want to thank Jessica, Kelly, Allie, Erin, Chandra and Nikkia for writing such great posts while I was away. It was nice to not stress about what I would have to post while on vacation. That’s it for me this week, I hope you all have a lovely weekend and I’ll see you here on Monday!
If you’re interested in seeing all of my pictures from San Francisco, make sure to go to my Flickr account to see them all.