Over the weekend I celebrated a girlfriend’s big birthday and today another close girlfriend celebrates her birthday as well. It’s so funny because a lot of people hate Valentine’s day but having a girlfriend who is literally a cupid baby makes it such a wonderful day to celebrate. It isn’t always about being in love but about showing those you love (family and friends) how much you care.
So of course for the last week everyone has been asking what I was going to do with my husband for Valentine’s day or what I wanted…
I’m not very romantic, I’m more silly. I think roses are pretty but the smell makes me a bit nauseous and they make me sneeze. If you buy me a box of chocolates I’m pretty much only going to eat the one with caramel filling and give the rest away – I know I’m a difficult Valentine.
So what would I want?
- Things like makeup (doesn’t that BE kit look better than a box of chocolates?), a nice palette would be fun.
- Shoes! I’m still waiting for my Converse to arrive so I’m be oh so delighted when they get here.
- A red Swatch, Swatches are my favorites, and my mother used to always send me a red Swatch on Valentine’s Day.
- A trip to Red Door Spa for a hot stone massage. I just feel more relaxed saying that.
What does my husband want?
- Anything electronic. We’re currently pricing out 60 inch TVs for his man cave. Goodness gracious.
- Anything sports related. Anything.
- Time with just me. Sometimes I feel like my days are never ending and I have such limited time on my hands so it’s always nice to get a moment to snuggle up on the couch with my hubby and spend some time together.
So what’s on your Valentine’s day wish list? Got any special plans?