And we’re back to our regularly scheduled blogging. How was your weekend? Mine was nothing that I expected it to be but still great. All of my plans got cancelled but I just ended up hanging out with my husband all weekend long, which was fantastic. I also thought I’d give you an update on a few of the items in my #33in33for33 challenge.
Here is the list:
- Knit a baby blanket for a friend
- Knit a scarf for my Mom
Finish a project from knitting class (cowl or fingerless gloves)
- Sew a simple skirt with fabric in my stash
- Sew a zippered bag with fabric in my stash
- Sew a new camera strap for my camera with fabric in my stash
Experiment with polymer clay making beads for a necklace
- Buy a new tripod for my camera
- Take pictures of a monument at night
- Focus on learning more about lighting for photography
- Take more pictures in black and white
- Take 1 (at least) outfit photo a week for the blog
- Go to spinning class twice a week
- Only eat French fries once a week
Ride my bike
- Take a trampoline class
- Go to the driving range
- Play at least 9 holes of golf
- Bake something new
- Bake something for my office
Cook a vegetable I’ve never tried before
- Eat a fruit I’ve never tried before
Buy fruits and veggies at the local farm around the corner
- Send a dozen postcards to friends to say ‘I love you’
Have dinner with a girlfriend I don’t hang out with often
- Hang out with someone new
- Read a book
- Read a magazine cover to cover
- Get a dessert stone massage
- Do not buy any makeup
- Watch season 1 of Mad Men on Netflix
- Print copies of my favorite photos
- Finish the gallery wall of images in my living room
I’ve struck 6 items all the list thus far and I have a lot more things in the works.
This weekend the husband and I drove over to East Potomac Park in Washington, DC and he ran the 3.1 mile loop and I rode my bike. I haven’t been on my bike in years (it was in my sister’s storage unit for the last 5 years) but I finally dusted her off and took her for a spin. I will admit, everyone was passing me and I do not look cute in a helmet but I was happy that I went for a ride. I think I’ll be going for more bike rides while my husband is training for a marathon.
I also finished one of my knitting projects from my Stitch DC Knitting 201 Class this weekend. YAY! This is a lacey cowl and I used a yarn that changes color. I love the pattern and how it came out and I only had to start it over 4 times, which is way better than my last project.
I also finally bought fresh produce at Millers Farm for the last two weekends in a row. It is such a cute place and they have a shop connected to the grocery with homemade ice cream and pies. I also bought squash and cooked it for the first time for my Mom.
That’s technically crossing one of the items off my list, cooking a new vegetable even though I’ve eaten squash before. Hey, I’m trying to find a way to cram it all in!
So that’s a bit of what I did this weekend, what’d you do?