I was spring cleaning this weekend and a girlfriend of mine was asking what would be some of the best products for her to add to her beauty kit. She’s just starting to really get into wearing makeup on a daily basis and asked me for advice. I get sent a lot of products. I buy a lot of products. I give away a lot of products (it’s good to be one of my girlfriends that I talk to a lot because I’ve been giving away beauty items like hot cakes). But there are a few tried and true items that I use until I hit the pan at the bottom and buy over and over again. So instead of just sharing my favorites with her, I thought I’d share some of my favorites with you too:
- Powder | bareMinerals Mineral Veil: I prefer the bronzed (which is a limited edition) but I also love the tinted, hydrating and illuminating versions. I own them all, have purchased them repeatedly and recommend them to everyone. They’re the best finishing powder on the market. Period.
- Primer | Urban Decay Primer Potion: I’m an eye shadow fanatic but I have lids that get greasy. This has been a staple in my beauty routine since it first hit the market. I’m sure I’ll own a tube of this forever and a day.
- Liquid Foundation | Urban Decay Naked Foundation: I always have a powder and a liquid foundation based on the time of year. In the winter I like a bit more hydration and have fallen hard for the Urban Decay Naked foundation. It’s light, blends beautifully and lasts all day.
- Powder Foundation | bareMinerals Matte Foundation: As soon as the summer weather hits I pull out the matte foundation to help keep the insane shine away. I loooove this formula even more than the original.
- Lipstick | CoverGirl Lip Perfection: I think I’ve almost tried every color in this line and I still think this revamped line of lipsticks from CoverGirl is the best thing in drugstores right now. My favorite shades are Embrace (a gorgeous deep berry shade), Powderpuff Pink (a perfect hot pink that’s not neon), Dazzle ( a baby pink that has just a touch of iridescence) and Eternal (a deep pink that’s a bit matte).
- Eyeliner | Urban Decay 24/7 Glide Pencils: I own multiple colors and nothing lasts as long, glides on as smoothly or gives such great color options as these.
- Mascara | Buxom Lash and Avon Drama: On the high end, I’m always willing to pay for Buxom Lash, my mascara holy grail. On the low end, I fell in love with Avon’s Drama mascara. It gives volume and length.
- Blush | Kevyn Aucoin Pure Powder Glow in Myracle: I love blush, it’s probably my favorite product and I never understand how people own just one blush. Well, if I was forced to only use one blush for the rest of my life this would be it. The color is gorgeous and it lasts. It’s like magic on your cheeks.
These are my go to beauty products. Don’t get me wrong, I have an arsenal or products and could wear something new every day but these are my staples that I buy over and over again. So what are your beauty holy grail products?